Does your child like to play in the dirt? Does he/she like to plant seeds and watch plants grow? Is your child interested in growing their own food or learning how to compost? Then the Northwoods School Garden Club might be the club for your child! This spring, we are offering a Garden Club for students in both grades K-2 and grades 3-5. We will meet for 6 mornings on the following dates:
*Thursdays 8:00-8:45 AM
*Fridays 8:15-8:45 AM
As noted above, the sessions for 3-5 will run from 8:00-8:45 AM and the sessions for K-2 will run from 8:15-8:45 AM. Due to the short length of time, please arrive on time. Children should be dropped off at the garden at the start time or can be picked up at Before Care at that time.
If you are interested in signing up your child, please email your child’s name, grade, and if they will be dropped off or need to be picked up from Before Care to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Garden Club
- What are the benefits of working in the Northwoods School Garden? Kids will be offered opportunities to play, learn, and grow through gardening. We will engage their natural curiosity and wonder, while also providing experiences where they will collaborate with peers towards a common goal.
- Will my child and or his/her clothes get dirty? It is quite possible! Have your child keep this in mind when dressing for school on Garden Club days.
- Could Garden Club be cancelled due to weather? Also quite possible. We will set up a Remind app once we have our club members and inform you if/when Garden Club is cancelled.
- What specific types of activities will my child being doing at Garden Club? We will plant seeds, till the gardens, water the garden beds, add dirt to the garden beds from our compost bins, harvest vegetables, discover friends in the garden, and much more!
- Have more questions? Email us at email@example.com for more information!