Interested in volunteering?
While many of the programs we’ve been able to offer in past years have been effected by Covid, there are still plenty of opportunities to volunteer with the PTA…or, if you have a great idea for something new, you can create your own opportunity!
Our volunteers have achieved amazing things over the years –
- Purchasing new computers for the school
- Funding years of high quality cultural arts programs
- Running annual festivals and events (Hero Day, School Picnic, International Festival and STEAM Fair)
- Building one of the best school gardens in the state
- Advocating for students, teachers and staff on a local and state level
- Creating and maintaining extensive recycling and composting programs
- Creating after and before school clubs such as Run Club, Spanish Club, Garden Club, Mindful Mornings, etc.
- Working with the Town of Cary and other agencies to improve pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure around the school
- Providing amazing staff appreciation events and helping to fund classroom setups and school supply purchases
Check out our new Mel the Koala at Northwoods!
(The old Mel is enjoying retirement)
Join the PTA online through our MemberHub store. You can also join and pay by cash or check (check preferred) by returning your completed paper copy of the Northwoods PTA Membership Form.
We have so many plans for special events, activities, and clubs and we need YOUR time and talent to make them happen.
The PTA at Northwoods is one of the best ways parents and extended families can get involved in our school. PTA activities are paid for through our ever growing fundraising efforts, and we’d like to invite you to participate!
Check here for our latest news about events and programs from the PTA.
Each year, our PTA sells business sponsorships to help fund t-shirts for ALL of our students and staff at Northwoods. The shirts have become a wonderful tradition at Northwoods, helping to foster a sense of community and school spirit…not to mention helping teachers easily identify Northwoods students during field trips! With so many of our events and traditions on hold or cancelled, we felt that the shirts would be especially important this year as a symbol of community and spirit as we work from home.