The signup for Adopt-A-Week in the Garden is now live!
PLEASE NOTE, because of construction, the garden will only be accessible on evenings and weekends. If you are not available on evenings and weekends, please don’t sign up this summer.
Adopt-a-Week to help keep the Northwoods School Garden growing this summer!
- Please note: because of construction, access to our garden is limited to evenings and weekends. If you are not able to come on evenings and weekends, please do not sign up this summer (things should return to normal next year.)
- The most important task is to make sure the garden has enough water. You will need to keep a close eye on the weather forecast.
- The perk is free harvest! You get to take home whatever you can use. Harvest can also be donated to the Dorcas Food Pantry.
- Worried that you may not know what to do? We are happy to give you an (optional) orientation. There are also posted guidelines and reminders at the garden. Everything you need will be on-site!
- Slots are from Sunday to Saturday.
- IMPORTANT: Please remember to take the necessary precautions during this time.
- WEAR a cloth face covering if you will be with other people not in your family.
- WAIT 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact with others not in your family.
- WASH your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after visiting the garden.
- Additional guidelines will be emailed to you and will be posted at the garden.
These sign ups usually fill up fast so we restrict families to one week so more families can participate, but becuase of the evening/weekend access restrictions, we know many families will not be able to participate this year. For that reason, we are allowing families to sign up for more than one week.
For more information about the Northwoods School Garden, check out our Garden page here.
We are also looking for Garden Volunteers for the 2021-2022 school year! If interested, email email@example.com for more information.
Please follow and like us: